Ingredients (to serve two):
4 mini chicken breasts / 2 regular sized chicken breasts.
1 diced potato to give the casserole some substance and absorb a little salt if it gets too salty.
A handful of frozen sweetcorn.
1 vegetable or chicken stock cube.
1 tbsp of chicken gravy granules at the end to thicken it up.
You can obviously add any other little vegetables you like (such as chopped carrot) should you choose. Never add salt but add pepper or seasoning to taste.
1. Boil the kettle and half fill the slow cooker.
2. Defrost your chicken breasts and add them to the boiling water.
3. Add your sweetcorn, crumbled stock cube and diced potato.
4. Put the slow cooker on low and leave it for around six hours (longer if you're at work - it won't spoil).
5. Ten minutes before serving, add one tablespoon of gravy granules to thicken the sauce.
|How the casserole looks approx. one hour into cooking.|
|I went for the mash... shhh. Don't worry, I only ate half. Mash is too filling.|