Tuesday 30 August 2011

Operation Work Experience.

One of the requirements for my application to the University of Huddersfield is that I have two consecutive weeks of work experience at the appropriate level of teaching. Fingers crossed that I'll be starting that two weeks on the 12th September at my old infant school, Leigh St. Peter's Primary School.

I have some fond memories of that school. I went to both the infant and the junior school there but I must say I preferred the infants. Maybe that's why I've swayed towards Early Years teaching rather than upper juniors. Hopefully, my first week will be in the Nursery section looking after 3-4 year olds and my second will be with children aged 5-7. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing but any experience has got to be beneficial in making my mind up either way. I'm quite looking forward to it, if I'm honest. It'll be nice to actually do something for once! I've been on holiday for six months now after my all but nervous breakdown at university last year and I'm bored silly. It'll be nice to get back into a routine and try to get my brain working again before the 50,000 words I'll be writing this year to complete my degree.
I can start my application to Huddersfield via GTTR on the 1st of September. I am so utterly nervous it's ridiculous. I've had my personal statement checked and re-checked by my university careers advisor and she'll give me a mock interview nearer to the time of my real one - should I get a real one! Please keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment