Sunday 21 August 2011

Operation Picky Postgrad.

Dear all,

I'm approaching my last year at university with a bag full of nerves and a raging desire to just get it over and done with. In all honesty, I can't wait to leave. The University of Wales, Trinity Saint David was the worst decision I have made so far in my relatively short little life. Lampeter is barely a town and in the absolute middle of nowhere. There are four brand-name shops, three of which are supermarkets and none of which are reasonably priced. My course is terrible and isn't what I signed up. If I hadn't already gotten into £15,000 of debt for this I would drop it all and move somewhere closer to home but I could never justify it having come so far. It's too late now and there's only one year left so I might as well stick it out but, of course, that notion does not make life any easier. As of the 26th September I will, for the second time, be changing from a full-time girlfriend to a long-distance girlfriend... and I absolutely hate it. I hate it so much that I end up driving the 4 and a half hour commute home every three weeks and spending £60 each time in the process.

But, and it's a big but, when this year is over... I'm becoming a teacher. Hooray! Or, at least, I want to. On the 1st of September I will be applying for, and I quote, the 'Teacher Training, Primary Education (Early Years and Key Stage 1) PGCE with QTS' course at the University of Huddersfield as my first choice. In other words, I want to become a teacher for children aged 4-7. It just so happens that my dream course is handily located at the university of my dream man who just so happens to be my boyfriend. Hooray! As such, we can live happily ever after and all that jazz.

Tonight, I decided to read the course content for the aforementioned venture just to triple check that it's what I want to do and happened across the sentence:

'Places available: 8 (subject to change)'.


EIGHT?! You're kidding me right? Out of the hundreds of applicants there are eight places. I am going to have to work my little (well, bonny) bum off to call one of those places mine. All my plans and hopes are rested on this. So if you have a God, say a little prayer for me and if you don't, cross your fingers. Either way, I need a little bit of luck or someone with the authority to tell the University of Huddersfield to pick me. :)

Ps. I love the moment in Sex and the City where Carrie buys Louise her very own Louis Vuitton. What a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment